9.21.2008

Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Evan, always full of surprises, managed to do it again. He had been planning on coming out to SEYC for the weekend, but not until late thursday night. Then, early Wednesday morning, who should wake me up but my knight in shining armour! He had called my Aunt and she had unlocked the door for him on her way to work. The night before, we talked on the phone like we normally do, and as soon as we hung up, he jumped in his car and drove all night to wake me up the next morning! I nearly had a heartattack... and as my mind slowly registered that I wasn't dreaming, the realization of what he had just done began to hit me. Talk about feeling special! So, I got to spend 5 whole days with the love of my life, and oh were they wonderful!

He planned a surprise date for us the next day, only telling me that we needed to take a picnic. We drove for about an hour, and ended up at some stables in the mountains of Georgia! I hadn't been horse back riding for about 6 years, and it was so much fun! The two of us and our trail guide rode all over the mountain on their trails eventually stopping for our picnic lunch. Unfortunately, the place that was planned for our lunch was occupied by some government officals who were doing something with large machines, so we had to settle for another place which didn't have quite the view out over the valley. It was still beautiful and very romantic! Later that evening, we dressed up and went out for dinner at one of our favorite asian restaurants...

On Sabbath we were able to get away for a while and enjoy some time with our good friends, Nathan and Leilana. Following which, we raced up Look Out Mountain to watch the sun go down, and explore some new trails. After being apart for so long, it was so great to be able to just hang out together and talk with out having a phone glued to our ears. I don't know how people stand long distance.... I'll be so glad when this is over! I'm learning that being apart really does make the love shared between you more intense and real. Nathan calls it "love sick" and says we'll get over it once we've been together for a while. Maybe that's true, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts...

4 comments:

Jason Williams said...

Certainly the time together is wonderful. Trust me when I say I completely understand what you are speaking about regarding your disgust of the distance...
Hang in there! I'm happy for you both!

Olivia Leigh Photography said...

Thanks for posting, Joni! Love the last picture! I'm gonna miss you! Mwa!

scienceguy_ae said...

Oh man, my hair was so long there... I look shaggy. I'm glad I got it cut a bit. :-)

Brandon said...

I was gonna say... But who am I to talk...

I gotta subscribe to your blog, I keep getting so far behind.